The Induction Course for 2018 entry will take place on 27th and 28th June 2018, so keep these dates free.
The Induction days are part of the transition from leaving school to starting at college and represent an important part of your college year. Our Induction is designed to:
- Ensure that your course choice is as informed as possible.
- Encourage you to sample some subjects that you might not have previously considered.
- Give you the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the college site.
- Inform you of the arrangements for the beginning of term.
- Familiarise you with the opportunities available to get involved in college life.
The programme for the day is built around the subjects that you picked when you came for interview. In addition you will have the opportunity to sample other subjects that you might not have considered before. You will be given a timetable for the lessons at your first tutorial and your Induction tutor will guide you through the programme for your day at TRC.
By the end of the Induction we expect you to have attended all of your scheduled lessons and completed an initial skills assessment. Taster Sessions and Careers Presentations are optional but we strongly advise you to use these to ensure that the subjects you are considering are appropriate for you.